These cellulose sponges are a great alternative to chemical-filled plastic sponges. They are made from wood fibres which are much more eco-friendly as they go through a less toxic manufacturing process and they are biodegradable too
- Very absorbent - up to 10x their own dry weight!
- Highly durable & non-scratch
- Low-impact packaging, plastic-free
- Biodegradable - Made entirely from plants
- Renewable and sustainable
- Vegan & cruelty free
- Size of each sponge scourer: 7cm x 11cm x 2cm
EcoVibe Compostable Sponge Scourers are our new favourite cleaning accessories! The sponge part is made from cellulose (a natural wood fibre), and each sponge features a natural scourer pad side. One is made from sisal cactus fibre (for every day scouring) and the other is made from loofah plant layers (for tougher scrubbing power). They are 100% biodegradable, plastic-free & non-toxic to the environment.
They are durable and will last for months with no bad odours. They also require less soap than a traditional sponge scourer and produce more suds for easier cleaning!
These sponge scourers are great for doing the dishes, cleaning bathroom surfaces and kitchen countertops, as well as everyday spills. They’re absolutely perfect for cleaning all around the house.
Each sponge can absorb and retain up to 10 times its own weight in water and can last through many tough cleaning jobs! They’re hygienic, durable, environmentally-friendly, reusable and fully biodegradable, made from 100% cellulose which is natural wood fibre. That means these wonderful sponges are 100% plastic-free - no microplastics!
Looking after your sponge
- To help keep your cellulose sponge free of nasty bacteria, keep it as dry as possible between uses.
- You can sterilize them by soaking for a few minutes in boiled water, microwave heating damp sponges or pop in the dishwasher with a drying cycle.