Atlantic Aromatics Tea Tree Organic 10ml
- Botanical name: Melaleuca alternifolia
- Extraction method: steam distillation
- Part of plant: branchlets
- Origin: New South Wales, Australia - certified organic
- Our oil comes from Jenbrook farm in a remote region in the north of New South Wales. Tea Tree is native here, it has been growing for over 35,000 years. The trees are naturally high in terpinen-4-ol, the most important therapeutic component of the oil. The oil is produced by a long slow distillation to ensure all trace components are extracted. This is probably the finest Tea Tree oil available in the world.
- This oil has a strong anti-microbial action and there is a large amount of research done on its uses.
- Middle note, tea tree does not blend very well with other aromas, though peppermint/tea tree can be an interesting combination
Atlantic Aromatics is family owned and the longest established essential oil company in Ireland. They source their oils directly from small and medium sized organic farmers and distillers around the world. David Kelly and his team specialise in oils that are ethically produced, grown organically or sustainably wild harvested. They are certified by Organic Trust.
Essential oils come in many different grades from and levels of purity. To maintain their high standards Atlantic Aromatics are guided by four key principles since they started in 1984.
- Purity - All oils that carry the Atlantic Aromatics name have a guarantee of purity. Sourced directly from farmers and distillers or reputable traders in therapeutic oils who share their ethos.
- Natural Principles - Atlantic Aromatics supply oils derived from plants which are grown as close to nature as possible (preferably in their native regions). They specialise in oils produced from plants grown organically or are sustainably wild harvested.
- Aroma - They choose oils with rich, intense aromas which have been skilfully distilled to produce oils that truly represent the plants from which they are derived.
- Value - Minimal packaging, avoiding as many unnecessary costs as possible. This allows them to supply premium quality oils at reasonable and accessible prices.