More than 3.5 plastic toothbrushes are produced each year and most of these end up in oceans and landfill. Choose Nature, Not Plastic’ with a Bambooth bamboo toothbrush.
- 2 adult bambooths (Coral Pink & Sea Blue) – Medium Bristles
- 2 kids bambinos (Forest Green & Aqua Marine) - Soft bristles
- The first bamboo toothbrush accredited by the Oral Health Foundation
- Lasts just as long as an ordinary plastic toothbrush
- Eco friendly toothbrush with a biodegradable handle
- Nylon bristles are fully recyclable
- Each brush sold helps conservation projects
- Small Irish-owned company
- Slimline– Colourful, stylish patented handle with a slimline contoured neck & head for optimal comfort.
- Handle made of MOSO bamboo – 100% biodegradable. Bamboo is also naturally antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal. Bamboo brilliance!
- Bristles are multilength BPA-free nylon
- Packaging/ Carrier tube is made from card and can be used as a handy travel tube and upcycled or recycled when finished with
- Paint used on the handle is an eco-friendly, water-based paint that will degrade along with the handle
Disposing of your bamboo toothbrush
Bambooth’s handle will biodegrade and return to the earth within 6 months if placed in domestic or commercial composting. Please remove the bristles first by either snapping off the head or using a pliers to pull the bristles out. The bristles can be recycled as plastics if placed in a larger recyclable container. Removing the bristles with a pliers will remove a tiny metal staple that is used to clamp the bristles to the handle.
Caring for your bamboo toothbrush
Bambooth is made from a natural material which will last longer when kept dry (most toothbrushes prefer this anyway :). We recommend you dry it after use and store it in a dry place. Over time the wood may become lighter and fade- this will not affect the quality of brushing. For best results, dentists recommend you replace your toothbrush every 2 – 3 months.
Supporting conservation efforts
For every Bambooth toothbrush sold 10c is donated to conservation efforts promoting sustainability & habitat restoration. Bambooth have picked 4 charities which represent 4 types of ecosystem- coral, marine, ocean and forest.
The Coral Pink bambooth contributes to Coral Reef Alliance, an international charity whose mission is to save the world’s coral reefs.
The Aqua Marine bambooth contributes to the Marine Conservation Society which is the UK’s leading marine charity. It works to ensure the seas are healthy, pollution-free and protected
The Sea Blue bambooth contributes to Plastic Oceans which is a global organisation whose mission is to stop plastic reaching the oceans within a generation.
The Forest Green bambooth contributes to the Jane Goodall Institute which is a global organisation empowering people to make a difference for all living things.