A lovely zero-waste alternative to bottled shampoo. This concentrated solid shampoo for all hair types combines the intensely sweet, floral fragrance of Ylang Ylang with the fresh, fruity aroma of Sweet Orange oil, complemented by the rich, earthy aroma of Patchouli. We have added some Turmeric powder to brighten up blonde hair when using the shampoo on a regular basis and an Orange Peel Powder which promotes hair shine, softness and flexibility while strengthening the hair at the same time.
Three Hills Solid Shampoos are handmade in small batches in Ireland using the finest nourishing ingredients. They are palm-oil free and contain no artificial colours or fragrances, no harsh chemicals, parabens, SLS/SLES, alcohol or petrochemicals. Only natural colourings are used, from plant, fruit and vegetable materials. Only pure essential oils are used for fragrance (never synthetic fragrance oils). Effective, natural, simple, eco-friendly, vegan-friendly and never tested on animals.
Benefits of solid shampoo
- Effectively cleans and moisturises to promote healthy and shiny hair
- Easy to use, fits right into your palm, it is light and very convenient for travelling, camping, or carrying wherever you wish to
- It produces abundant, mild foam that is kind, even to treated hair
- It’s gentle to your hair and scalp. No propylene glycol, parabens, phthalates, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES), silicones or artificial fragrances, colourants and preservatives
- Lasts for months - much longer than a bottle of liquid shampoo. This highly-concentrated shampoo bar weighs roughly 70g which represents around 50 washes, similar in usage to 500ml of liquid shampoo
- Earth friendly and minimal packaging - cuts down on plastic waste
How to Use Solid Shampoo:
- Circle the bar gently over wet hair once or twice depending on hair length. Use sparingly – a little rub is all you need! Massage from the roots to the ends of the hair. Rinse thoroughly and condition if your hair would like a little extra love.
- Do not allow the shampoo to sit in water between uses. Store in a dry place, ideally in the soap dish.
100% Natural Active Ingredients
- SCI (Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate) is a natural, mild and gentle cleansing agent, made from the natural fatty acids which occur in coconut oil and which effectively remove dirt and grease from the hair and scalp. SCI creates a beautiful, luxurious foam without losing its mild and softening properties.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, also known as SLSA. This cleansing agent leaves a pleasant, silky feeling on the skin which prevents it from drying out or becoming damaged after washing in contrast to the commonly used SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate) or SLES (Sodium Laureth Sulfate) which are not approved for natural cosmetics. With a large molecule size, SLSA won’t cause skin irritation as it is impossible for it to penetrate the skin membrane.
- Coconut Oil adds shine, softness and power to the damaged hair
- D Panthenol improves hair quality, increases shine and reduces hair breakage as it coats the hair and seals its surface, lubricating the hair shaft and making strands appear shiny
- Wheat Protein can impart hair repairing properties, improve the ease of hair combing and improve colour deposition and retention of dyes on hair
- Glycerine is sourced from Rapeseed Oil and it prevents drying of the scalp by helping to rehydrate the skin
- Orange Peel Powder promotes hair shine, softness and flexibility while strengthening the hair too
- Turmeric Powder brightens up the blonde hair
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil is an effective natural treatment to reduce hair fall caused by stress
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties and can help to renew and repair the scalp and improve hair growth
- Patchouli Essential Oil can help to treat hair loss and ward off dandruff
Ingredients: sodium cocoyl isethionate, sodium lauryl sulfoacetate, aqua, cocos nucifera oil, glycerin, hydrolyzed wheat protein, panthenol, citrus aurantium dulcis peel powder, curcuma longa root powder, canaga odorata (ylang ylang) leaf oil, citrus aurantium dulcis (sweet orange) peel oil, pogostemon cablin (patchouli) leaf oil, naturally occurring in essential oils (citral, geraniol, limonene, linalool).