A lovely zero-waste alternative to bottled shampoo. This concentrated solid shampoo for normal hair has a lovely warm, woody scent. The combination of woody, spicy and mildly camphoraceous aroma of Sweet Marjoram and the woody, spicy fragrance of Cypress oil is complemented by the zesty Lime and is popular with both men and women. Amla powder helps cure dandruff and prevent hair loss by strengthening hair follicles.
Three Hills Solid Shampoos are handmade in small batches in Ireland using the finest nourishing ingredients. They are palm-oil free and contain no artificial colours or fragrances, no harsh chemicals, parabens, SLS/SLES, alcohol or petrochemicals. Only natural colourings are used, from plant, fruit and vegetable materials. Only pure essential oils are used for fragrance (never synthetic fragrance oils). Effective, natural, simple, eco-friendly, vegan-friendly and never tested on animals.
Benefits of solid shampoo
- Effectively cleans and moisturises to promote healthy and shiny hair
- Easy to use, fits right into your palm, it is light and very convenient for travelling, camping, or carrying wherever you wish to
- It produces abundant, mild foam that is kind, even to treated hair
- It’s gentle to your hair and scalp. No propylene glycol, parabens, phthalates, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES), silicones or artificial fragrances, colourants and preservatives
- Lasts for months - much longer than a bottle of liquid shampoo. This highly-concentrated shampoo bar weighs roughly 70g which represents around 50 washes, similar in usage to 500ml of liquid shampoo
- Earth friendly and minimal packaging - cuts down on plastic waste
How to Use Solid Shampoo:
- Circle the bar gently over wet hair once or twice depending on hair length. Use sparingly – a little rub is all you need! Massage from the roots to the ends of the hair. Rinse thoroughly and condition if your hair would like a little extra love.
- Do not allow the shampoo to sit in water between uses. Store in a dry place, ideally in the soap dish.
100% Natural Active Ingredients
- SCI (Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate) is a natural, mild and gentle cleansing agent, made from the natural fatty acids which occur in coconut oil and which effectively remove dirt and grease from the hair and scalp. SCI creates a beautiful, luxurious foam without losing its mild and softening properties.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, also known as SLSA. This cleansing agent leaves a pleasant, silky feeling on the skin which prevents it from drying out or becoming damaged after washing in contrast to the commonly used SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate) or SLES (Sodium Laureth Sulfate) which are not approved for natural cosmetics. With a large molecule size, SLSA won’t cause skin irritation as it is impossible for it to penetrate the skin membrane.
- Coconut Oil adds shine, softness and power to the damaged hair
- D Panthenol improves hair quality, increases shine and reduces hair breakage as it coats the hair and seals its surface, lubricating the hair shaft and making strands appear shiny
- Wheat Protein can impart hair repairing properties, improve the ease of hair combing and improve colour deposition and retention of dyes on hair
- Glycerine is sourced from Rapeseed Oil and it prevents drying of the scalp by helping to rehydrate the skin
- Amla Powder coats and nourishes the hair and scalp strengthens hair follicles
- Rhassoul Clay gently cleanses, adds shine to hair and strengthens hair
- Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil helps strengthen hair and promotes faster hair growth. Its antifungal properties can ward off scalp infections and protect it from dandruff and itchy scalp. It nourishes hair follicles so you can have soft and manageable hair
- Cypress Essential Oil can increase blood circulation and capillary strength which stimulates hair follicles for optimal hair growth
- Lime Essential Oil can help remove oil from hair while moisturising your scalp
Ingredients: sodium cocoyl isethionate, sodium lauryl sulfoacetate, aqua, cocos nucifera oil, glycerin, hydrolyzed wheat protein, panthenol, emblica officinalis fruit powder, moroccan lava clay, origanum marjoram (sweet marjoram) leaf oil, cupressus sempervirens (cypress) oil, citrus aurantifolia (lime) oil, naturally occurring in essential oils (citral, geraniol, limonene, linalool)